It’s summer! You can feel the warm days and balmy nights chase away the memory of a chilly winter. You can make the most of those perfect summer evenings by spending time outside relaxing on your deck.
- With the Kids
- Spend family evenings together cooking out, barbecuing, or having picnics with your family.
- Play outside with your children. Spend an evening playing catch, tag, or hide-and-seek with your kids (and any friends they have over) until everyone is tired. Then everyone comes up to the deck for cool drinks or snacks.
- Plan a treasure hunt for the kids. Hide a favorite treat, game, small toys, or a movie to watch after. Make up a lot of sequential clues, hide them all over the yard, give the kids the first clue, then watch them run all over until they find the treasure.
- Perhaps you’re not feeling active – set up board games on a table and play until the sun goes down – and then light some lamps and keep going. Maybe you enjoy all of these things; there are plenty of delightful evenings coming up!
- With Your Friends and Family
- Have friends over and make it an outdoor party!
- Maybe you’ve added an outdoor kitchen or pizza oven. Lay out dishes of toppings or shish kebab ingredients and let everyone put together their favorites for individually chosen treats.
- Choose a theme. Maybe from your favorite TV show – dress up as characters, have foods that were shown on the show, play darts with pictures of your least/most favorite characters. Maybe you play messy Twister. And then have a water fight to rinse off. Or have everyone bring the weirdest food they’ve got in their pantry.
- Or maybe you just want to have food and hang out – any more organization than making sure there are napkins and drinks is too much stress. They’re all great ways to spend time with your loved (or just liked) ones.
- By Yourself – Maybe what you like best is relaxing by yourself, sitting on a deckchair reading, listening to music, or just looking over your garden as the twilight grows around you. You can certainly plan for that too. Hang a hammock, or build some comfy seats into your deck. Plant some fragrant flowers around the place, and relax in your own mini-paradise, right out your back door.
You can plan your deck, patio, and yard to make the most use of these warm summer nights!
Let us help you create the perfect outdoor living space for your life. Give us a call...