“The original timber deck around our swimming pool needed replacing after 12 years. The boards had suffered wet rot even with continual maintenance by the application of deck oils. Concerned by the quality of timber species available we started to consider other alternative products on the market. It was not until we visited the Brisbane Home Show where we saw the NexGEN composite decking board on display that we started to consider this as a possible replacement. The NexGEN representative (Roxanne) was friendly, approachable, and very knowledgeable and provided excellent information on the product. After researching the product with all the information we now had and after a site visit by Roxanne we decided to use NexGEN composite decking. The reasons for selecting this product were;
2. Hidden fixing system – especially the screws being marine grade stainless steel around a saltwater pool.
3. Use of recycled materials
4. Slip resistance being similar to a timber deck
5. Choice of colours / styles
6. Minimal or no maintenance
7. 20 year warranty We chose Ipe as the colour / style. It looks fantastic. Other family members and friends have also expressed how well it looks and feels.
We wish to give a special thank you to Roxanne from NexGEN for all her assistance in this project” Alan and Cheryl Wakerley, QLD
Alan and Cheryl Wakerley
Ipe Capped Composite Decking